posted by Matteo MatteionThursday August 31st, 2006, 183846 total view
This document aims to provide a possible solution regarding the structure of the SpaghettiLinux community . Please note that this document can ‘be changed in each part of the approval of the coordinator as a result of decisions taken during meetings:
- 1.0 – OBJECTIVES
- 2.0 – UNIFIED APPEARANCE
- 3.0 – ROLES
- 4.0 – MANAGEMENT TOOLS
1.0 – OBJECTIVES
- 1.1 – Trying to make training more unified, independent and ordered to the community.
- 1.2 – To standardize the conditions of community entrants.
- 1.3 – Provide the most efficient forum, defining roles and various tasks.
- 1.4 – Take stock on the economics.
- 1.5 – Aiming for greater cooperation between communities.
- 1.6 – Try to always use free software or open source software covered than other types of licenses.
2.0 – UNIFIED APPEARANCE
- 2.1 – Spaghettilinux has a unique forum that will be used by all communities, who participate, each community will have its own section where you will have great autonomy but still under the watchful control of the directors who reserve the right to delete or move messages deemed offensive or harmful to community. E ‘therefore necessary for the unity of the community that there are no other external forums.
- 2.2 – Every community must have at least one person who tells on the state, on the work of the community in a meeting (to be held ordinarily once a month) or/and on an mailing-list can be restricted to administrators. It is preferable that one person is responsible for a single project, but in case of unexpected problems he can proceed with temporary assignments.
- 2.3 – In Spaghettilinux there must be an accurate description of the purpose of the project and a detailed description of recent developments in each project.
- 2.4 – The maximum co-operation between different projects, always trying to resolve as quickly as possible any disputes that may arise.
- 2.5 – Each project which is hosted on the server must directly or indirectly fund the maintenance of the central spaghettilinux.org server through payment of â‚¬ 3 per month which will be provided with web space, ftp, mysql and subversion in the ability to import projects and the opportunity to have a domain like http://your_project.spaghettilinux.org.For the communities involved in the project but not involved with the server is free to participate after exposure of a small banner that will soon be provided.
3.0 – ROLES
- 3.1 – CCOORDINATOR. The coordinator will never be replaced and remains in office until they want it. The coordinator, in the manner stated below, is responsible for overall management of the project:
- 3.1.1 – Has the task of convening meetings for the entire community.
- 3.1.2 – Must spend time almost daily to coordinate the community, trying to understand their problems and trying to be a reference
- 3.1.3 – It has the power, after consulting with all those responsible for various projects, to convene an extraordinary meeting, and in really extreme cases, may act independently on the mailing list explaining his work.
- 3.1.4 – Shall appoint a deputy, with whom to share the tasks and take his powers expressly authorized under the coordinator.
- 3.1.5 – Will keep the Spaghettilinux.org site updated
- 3.2 – MANAGER EXTERNAL RELATIONS. Elected charged quarterly, manages relationships with external organizations, works to promote the popularity of the community. He is elected by all the responsible of the various projects.
- 3.3 – PROJECT MANAGER. Each project is presented by a manager who is the spokesman of his own reality ‘is in the mailing list to be the coordinator for essential communications or to report on the progress of the work.
4.0 – MANAGEMENT TOOLS
- 4.1 – MAILING-LIST: firstname.lastname@example.org Open to all members to discuss general issues or email@example.com Open only to responsible of Spaghettilinux.org and its lenders to discuss management issues, economic and technical. The closure of this mailing list for people with special assignments is due to faster decision-making by a small number of people than the entire community, which magnifies could become difficult to manage.
- 4.2 – MEETINGS: Le riunioni dovranno avvenire in un canale dedicato diverso da quello ufficiale e riguarderanno talvolta singoli progetti, talvolta lâ€™intera comunitÃ . Ogni singolo progetto potrÃ organizzarsi e riunirsi come meglio crede e con la frequenza desiderata. Vi saranno perÃ² due impegni fissi: una riunione aperta a tutti gli utenti della comunitÃ , e un’altra riservata ai soli responsabili di progetto. E’ ovviamente possibile, far intervenire utenti esterni alla comunitÃ alle riunioni per consulenze o qualsivoglia contatti. Chiunque tra gli admin di www.spaghettilinux.org puÃ² richiedere una riunione straordinaria di tutti i responsabili di progetto, motivandola adeguatamente. SarÃ poi compito del coordinatore generale decidere se e quando convocare lâ€™assemblea (dopo essersi consultato con i responsabili di progetto). Durante la riunione generale, chiunque puÃ² proporre iniziative, chiedere informazioni, domandare aiuto. Il coordinatore ha il compito di presiedere entrambe le assemblee, ovvero di dirigere i lavori durante le stesse.